Monday, April 24, 2017

Holiday Sewing


We have moved house these school holidays. For the last time for a long time I hope! I didn't want our two weeks to be consumed with unpacking so I booked a house in Fremantle for a 5 day "city break". It was lovely, we ate out every day, drunk too much and caught up with some shows on ABC iview! But I also packed my sewing machine. This was my view from the machine.


I purchased this material last year while in Vegas, time to cut it up. I trimmed it to a rectangle then placed the four prints on top of each other and sliced it in three.


Added a 3/4th of an inch to break up each of the prints and then sewed them all back together.


The quilting was up and down till I reached the point of no return, so reversed and made some sharp triangles. All that it needs now is the binding.

1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

What a lovely spot to sew, and Freo is just lovely to spend time in (former Perth girl here).

Love, love, love the new table runner! Hopefully you'll be settled for a long time now!